Civil / Structural Resident Engineer (5-10 years) required to join one of Ireland’s leading civil and structural engineering consultancies. This company is an integrated International Multidisciplinary Consultancy with a reputation for excellent client service and focusing on the professional development of their staff. They are at the cutting edge of design with opportunities to work in the largest BIM Level 2 projects in Ireland. Projects include healthcare, education, retail, hotels, residential, student accommodation, residential care, public entertainment, utility projects and civil projects.
As Resident Engineer you will play a supporting role to the Senior Civil Structural Resident Engineer. You will join a site-based Team of Resident Architects, Engineers and other construction professionals to supervise the construction of a large National Infrastructure Development expected to last for 3 to 4 years on site.
- Supervision and administration of all Civil/Structural related construction works on site
- Supervising the carrying out of all C/S works requirements and instructions from the Employers Representative (ER), Design Team and Client.
- Monitor and Report on works being carried out to the Employer’s Requirements and ensure that the ER and Client are fully informed of all issues arising on site.
- Assist the Employer’s Representative in Technical and Contractual matters.
- Prepare regular site reports in conjunction with other site Resident Staff on the progress of works on-site with regard to Quality and Programme
- Monitor the Contractor’s works for compliance with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
- Review of Method Statements and Contractor’s Engineering works proposals to ensure compliance with the Works Requirements.
- Keep and maintain comprehensive records of work in progress and report on same
- Degree in civil engineering or equivalent and must be Chartered
- Minimum of 5 years + (ideally 10 years) post graduate experience working as Resident Engineer on site, supervising large Capital Works projects, primarily building related.
- Ideally have acted as RE on either datacentre, healthcare or mission critical projects
- Supervision of a development in a restricted city centre location with large basement excavation
- Understanding of Geotechnics and Structure interaction for a deep basement
- Recent experience in large concrete pours
- Awareness of achieving building of the Highest possible quality
- Experience in assisting in administering contracts using the Public Works form of contracts
- Support the Senior Civil/Structural Resident Engineer in day to day activities on site
- Must have a good knowledge and awareness of H&S legislation and regulations
- Have completed and hold current Safe Pass and other relevant Safety in Construction qualifications
- Have excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Ability to define potential problem issues, collect data, establish and report on facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland
- Excellent Salary (circa €60k – €75k+) doe
- Great location
If you are a Civil Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent.