Quantity Surveyor required for the Civils Department of a Tier 1 Main Contractor to be based in the Munster Area. The successful QS will have previously worked on civils projects. This is the ideal role for a QS with Civils experience working in a smaller contractor who would like to take a step up and join a Tier 1 organisation who are vesting expanding their operations in the Munster region.
Please contract Declan on 0861451302 for more information.
- Administration of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements, and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, if appropriate.
- Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues
- Attend and provide input to relevant customer/client commercial meetings
- Provide input to contracts with client’s representatives
- Provide and control strategy of commercial contracts with client’s representatives.
- Minimum of 4 years working on large scale projects for a main contractor as a Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum Degree qualification or higher
- Experience working with a main contractor on large scale civil engineering projects
- Familiar with Irish contracts
- Enthusiastic, motivated individual required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Possess ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Company Vehicle / Travel allowance
- CPD programme
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.