Purchasing Assistant with 1 – 2 years’ experience required to join a Main Contractor to assist in the purchase/ hire of all plant and materials for all projects and ensure price and quality requirements are managed equally. Put in place and manage all the internal processes to ensure procurement works effectively by liaising with Operations and Finance Departments.
The company culture is very forward thinking, and this approach is strongly encouraged by the company owners. After going through a period of rapid but controlled expansion the company has many projects in the pipeline. This would be an ideal role for a Purchasing Assistant who wants to give their career the most solid foundation and establish long-term career prospects.
- Set in place and ensure compliance with Materials Requisitions for Site Project Managers
- Ensure prompt placing of orders with Suppliers & ensure Project Managers & QS are kept up to date on delivery
- Ensure best prices being obtained from suppliers and review regularly
- Set up Credit Agreements with suppliers in line with Accounts Payment terms
- Storing all emailed purchase orders in the project file so that costs and specific agreements with suppliers can easily be cross referenced when signing invoices for payment.
- Order plant hire as requested by Project Managers ensure clear on-hire & off-hire dates agreed
- Keep up to date hired plant database & cross check all invoices against it.
- Lifting Devices – ensure all GA1 Certificates are issued in advance of equipment delivered to site.
- Ensure Material Safety Data Sheets are obtained where required & where applicable, seek advice from the Safety Manager on Health & Safety and Environmental implications of materials and equipment purchased by the company, regarding their safe use and installation if required
- A relevant 3rd level qualification – IIPMM or equivalent.
- Must have 1- 2 years’ experience in Procurement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Excellent IT skills.
- Applicants must be in Ireland and eligible to work in Ireland.
- Excellent salary circa €32K – €35K
- Training and Development plans.
- Pension Contributions
- Free Parking
If you are a Purchasing Assistant considering a career move, send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with 20 years’ experience based in Dublin.