Project Quantity Surveyor required for a leading Residential Developer to work out of their head office in the City Centre or to be based on a project in West Dublin. The Project QS will have responsibility for this specific project with scope to move into more of a Senior Role with more responsibility for other projects in the Dublin region on projects starting in the new year. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in quantity surveying with a main building contractor or builder developer. Our client is expanding fast and aims to be one of the largest developers in Ireland in the next few years.
- Degree qualified with at least 3 years’+ experience in Quantity Surveying and previous experience in residential projects.
- QS experience with a Contractor in Ireland or the UK is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ambitious and committed to deliver an excellent standard of work.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Diligent IT and presentation skills and knowledge of estimating software.
- A good communicator, including in direct dealings with prestigious Clients;
- Experience in working in a large team;
- Excellent people skills;
- Work closely with the Commercial Director and Snr QS and report to them.
- Liaising with stakeholders on relevant queries and taking ownership to resolve the same
- Issuing tender queries and compiling tender comparatives for projects and advise on any concerns or value engineering detail as appropriate
- Issuing of tender inquiries and compiling tender comparatives for projects and advise on any concerns or value engineering detail as appropriate.
- Conducting on-site evaluations / tick sheets
- Preparing cost reports and cash flow forecasts as well as other duties assigned by the Snr QS
- Measure work packages, generate BOQ, issue tender documents to suppliers and sub-contractors
- Work closely with Snr QS on Sub-contractor and supplier payment
- Preparing monthly CVR Reports with focus on the cost to complete.
- Excellent salary circa €45k – €55K+
- Top benefits package
- Excellent career development.
- Flexible working arrangements possible after probation.
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance.
If you are a Project Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 21 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.