Project Quantity Surveyor with 4 years’ experience required to join a leading Main Contractor to work on projects based in Dublin. This Contractor is unique in the industry and really stands out from its competitors. This would be an ideal role for a Quantity Surveyor who wants to give their career the most solid foundation and establish long-term career prospects.
The Successful Quantity Surveyor will:
- Manage and report on financial performance of allocated projects.
- Work closely with Senior QS / Commercial Manager to ensure targeted gross margins are met.
- Manage cost control on preliminaries budget/current/forecast.
- Ensure retention of records
- Manage sub-contractor accounts including the negotiation and agreement of sub-contractor payments and final accounts.
- Ensure adherence to our procurement payment protocol.
- Support the delivery of overall project working with the team to clear defects and in applying for final account release.
- Identify new opportunities in the market and feed these into our Pre-Construction Team to drive future growth.
- Provide support with estimating / tendering as required.
- Support development of more junior staff to support their professional growth and development.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying / Construction Economics
- 4 years’ experience working as a Quantity Surveyor
- Maintain high professional standards with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Demonstrates good technical, strong negotiation & conflict management skills
- Excellent at budget management and punctual with reporting deadlines
- Strong desire to learn and progress
- Salary : circa €50k – €60k
- Top benefits package
- Excellent career development
- Travel Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Pension contributions
If you are a Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career move, please send your cv or call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.