Project Manager required for a Top Tier Main Building Contractor to work on a large-scale project in Tipperary. Our client has a diverse portfolio of work with expertise in Healthcare, Education, Residential, Refurbishment, Hospitality, Commercial, Pharmaceutical and Industrial sectors. This would be the ideal role for a Project Manager from area currently working in Dublin or the UK who would like to work closer to home whilst still working for a leading contractor on a large-scale building Project.
- Agreeing project objectives
- Representing the interests of the client and the contractor
- Providing advice on the management of projects
- Organising the various professional people working on a project
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Making sure that all the aims of the project are met
- Making sure the quality standards are met
- Using IT systems to keep track of people and progress
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing to ensure the project is on budget agreeing programme and delivering the project in accordance with same
- Attending site meetings
- Making sure the project is running in accordance to the programme and on budget
- Ensuring an efficient construction site
- Delivering projects with the highest quality
- Working with the Health & Safety Department to ensure safe ensuring safe construction at all times Strong time management and communication skills are essential to this role as well as computer literacy and the ability to prepare reports and administer necessary paperwork.
- Degree Qualified in Engineering or Construction Management.
- The successful Project Manager will have at least 10 years’ experience working for main building contractors preferably in Ireland or the UK.
- Must have at least 5 years experience working as Project Manager on building projects in the Ireland or the U.K.
- Must be commercially aware
- Must be able to manage a large team.
- Ensure that the project progresses on schedule.
- Strong IT skills.
- Negotiable depending on the candidate’s experience. Circa €75K – €85K + Benefits
- Company car / car allowance
- Leading benefits package
If you are a Project Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.