Project Manager required for a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to work on a large-scale building projects in the West from Sligo to Galway. Our client has a diverse portfolio of work with expertise in Healthcare, Education, Residential, Refurbishment, Hospitality, Commercial, Pharmaceutical and Industrial sectors. This would be the ideal role for a Project Manager from area currently working in Dublin or the UK who would like to work closer to home whilst still working for a leading contractor on a large-scale building Project.
- Agreeing project objectives
- Representing the interests of the client and the contractor
- Providing advice on the management of projects
- Organising the various professional people working on a project
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Making sure that all the aims of the project are met
- Making sure the quality standards are met
- Using IT systems to keep track of people and progress
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing to ensure the project is on budget agreeing programme and delivering the project in accordance with same
- Attending site meetings
- Making sure the project is running in accordance to the programme and on budget
- Ensuring an efficient construction site
- Delivering projects with the highest quality
- Working with the Health & Safety Department to ensure safe ensuring safe construction at all times
- Degree Qualified in Engineering or Construction Management.
- The successful Project Manager will have at least 10 years’ experience working for main building contractors preferably in Ireland or the UK.
- Must have at least 5 years experience working as Project Manager on building projects in the Ireland or the U.K.
- Must be commercially aware
- Must be able to manage a large team.
- Ensure that the project progresses on schedule.
- Strong IT skills.
- Negotiable depending on the candidate’s experience. Circa €75K – €85K + Benefits
- Company car / car allowance
- Leading benefits package
If you are a Project Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally