Junior Health and Safety Officer with 1 – 2 years+ experience required to join a Main Contractor to work on projects based in Dublin. Our client has a great reputation throughout the industry for being a great company to work for. This is an exciting role for a Health and Safety Officer that wants to join a young and growing team of ambitious construction professionals to work on some of the most prestigious projects in the Dublin area.
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new staff on site and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay
- Provide relevant accident information for insurance purposes
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of at all times by all relevant employees
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings
- Degree qualified
- 1-2 years working as a Health and Safety Officer on Construction Projects.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be proactive and be able to work as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent salary circa €35,000 – €40,000
- Superb benefits package
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle / car allowance
If you are a Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.