Health and Safety Officer with 1-2 years’ experience required to join an Irish Tier 1 Main Contractor to work on projects in continental Europe. This is an exciting role for a Health and Safety Officer that wants to join a young and growing team of ambitious construction professionals to work on a rotational basis on datacentre projects. The successful Health and Safety Officer will be employed permanently by the company and have a choice of returning to work on Irish projects in the future.
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification
- At least 1-2 years working as a Health and Safety Officer on Construction Projects
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new staff on site and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of at all times by all relevant employees
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings
- Excellent salary circa €35k-€45k
- Accommodation provided
- Flights covered
- Daily living allowance
- Superb benefits package
- Excellent career prospects
If you are a Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.