Health & Safety Officer with 3 years + experience required to join a Top Tier Main Contractor to work on projects based in Dublin. Our client is a dynamic company with a broad range of projects including commercial, retail, leisure/ hospitality and residential sectors.
The Health & Safety Officer will join the onsite safety department and report directly to the Safety Manager. You’ll be responsible for the preparation of health and safety plans and risk assessments, site audits and reporting.
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- The Health & Safety Officer will carry out site inspections.
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new staff on site and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Provide relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of always by all relevant employees.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings with senior management.
- Hold a Health & Safety qualification.
- 3 years working as a Health and Safety Officer on Construction Projects.
- Experience with relevant HSQE standards and management systems.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be proactive and be able to work as part of a team.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Excellent salary circa €40,000 – €50,000
- Company Vehicle
If you are a Health & Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.