Health and Safety Officer with 3 years+ experience required to join a Top Tier Main Building Contractor to work on projects in Dublin. This Contractor has several large projects in the pipeline of a value of €50m+ and requires an experienced Health and Safety Officer.
The successful Health and Safety Officer will be involved in developing, monitoring and implementing the company’s HSEQ policy, ensuring that our client is at all times compliant with Health and Safety Regulation.
Call Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion on 0861893835
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace.
- Hold a relevant Health & Safety qualification.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience on building projects in Ireland or the UK.
- Possess excellent IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Benefits package
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle / car allowance
If you are a Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 21 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.