A Health & Safety Officer with minimum 5 years experience required to join a leading international Engineering Contracting company with projects based in Dublin and Cork/Waterford. Our client is a dynamic company with a broad range of projects including commercial, retail, leisure/ hospitality, life science, healthcare, industrial, and infrastructure sectors both nationally and internationally.
You’ll will join the onsite safety department and report directly to the Safety Manager. You’ll be responsible for the preparation of health and safety plans and risk assessments, site audits and reporting.
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statements.
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Provide relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of always by all relevant employees.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Degree qualified.
- 5 years working as a Health and Safety Officer in the Construction Industry essential.
- Experience in Project Supervisor Construction Stage essential.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be proactive and be able to work as part of a team.
- Manual Handling Instructor, Abrasive Wheels Instructor and Working at Heights Instructor would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- €45K – €55k
- Company vehicle / Travel allowence
If you are a Health & Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Leavy for a confidential discussion.
GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of professionals within Ireland and Internationally.