Health & Safety Officer with 1 – 2 years + experience required to join a Main Building Contractor to work on projects based in Dublin. You’ll will join the onsite safety department and report directly to the Safety Manager. You’ll be responsible for the preparation of health and safety plans and risk assessments, site audits and reporting.
Call Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion on 0861893835
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Carry out site inspections.
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new staff on site and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings with senior management.
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification required.
- At least 1 years working as a Health and Safety Officer / Advisor on Construction projects in either Ireland or the UK.
- Experience with relevant HSQE standards and management systems.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of relevant software essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent salary circa €40k – €50k
- Company vehicle or travel allowance
- Relevant membership fees covered
If you are a Health & Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Keith Conlon for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.