Health and Safety Officer with approx. 2 years+ experience required to join a highly reputable Builder Developer to work a large-scale development (Housing and mixed-use developments) in West Dublin near the M4. This Contractor has several residential projects in Dublin at present ranging from apartment blocks to large scale housing schemes. The successful Health and Safety Officer will report to the Senior EHS Manager who has a great reputation and has trained many junior-intermediate EHS Officers throughout his career.
Call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion on 0861451302
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Toolbox Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace
- Hold a relevant Qualification (at least diploma)
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience ideally with a main contractor but we will consider applications with good experience working with subcontractors.
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb benefits package
- Excellent career prospects
- Company vehicle / car allowance
If you are a Health and Safety Officer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 21 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.