Electrical Building Services Engineer required to join an award winning engineering consultancy in Dublin. This company offered a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing team at an intermediate level and to progress their career as the team continues to expand.
- Assisting senior engineers in the design stages of projects, preparing designs for lighting, general services, comms and protective services
- Attending design team meetings with Clients, Architects and Engineers
- Preparation of drawings, specifications and equipment schedules to form tender packs for the Electrical services installations
- Liaising with Electrical contractors during construction stage to manage queries and assess technical submittals
- €40m Hotel project
- €20m School redevelopment
- 250 unit apartment scheme Dublin
- €75m Dublin office redevelopment
- 600 unit housing & apartment scheme
- 2,000 unit housing & apartment scheme
- €200m mixed use scheme Dublin Docklands
- €80m Dublin city centre retail / mixed use redevelopment
- Honours Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineer with 1- 4 years + experience in electrical design within a consultancy.
- Knowledge of residential and non-residential Part L compliance checks an advantage
- Knowledge and design experience of various renewable energy technologies including solar, heat pumps and CHP.
- Knowledge of electrical installation regulations ET101
- Previous client facing experience and ability to manage projects an advantage
- Experience in high volume residential projects and healthcare projects an advantage
- Experience in managing projects through construction stage including experience in conducting site inspections, generating corrective actions and experience/knowledge of the BC(A)R process
- Strong project management, problem solving, presentation, communication and IT skills
- Must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland
- Excellent Salary (circa €35,000 – €50,000) depending on experience
- Excellent benefits package – full details available on application.
- Annual Bonus
- Great location
- Paid Health Insurance
- Life Assurance & Permanent Health Insurance
- Paid membership fees to two professional institutes
- Excellent CPD
If you are an Electrical Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent.