Contracts Manager required for one of Ireland’s leading Tier 1 Main Building Contractors. Our clients’ portfolio includes many of the most prestigious projects in Dublin. The company are well known throughout the industry for being great to work and having an excellent company culture. This role is suitable for an experienced Contracts Manager who is looking to change to a company with the possibility of strong long terms prospects.
- Must be degree qualified in a construction related discipline
- 15+ years’ experience working with main contractors.
- At least 3 years specifically working as a contracts manager with a main contractor.
- Proven track record of manging building projects valued above €10 million.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Ability to prepare reports and administer necessary paperwork.
- Must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Reporting to the Project Director and Construction Director
- Agreeing project objectives
- Providing advice on the management of projects
- Attending pre-tender and tender handover meetings
- Delivery of pre-site meetings to the site team
- Making sure the project is running in accordance to the programme and on budget
- Implementing risk management processes, review risk register and check risk controls
- Quality control
- Producing and analysing progress reports, updated costs and forecasts
- Budgeting resources and implementing forward planning
- Managing and monitoring sub-contractors
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing to ensure the project is on budget
- Managing the various professional people working on a project
- Setting the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of health and safety procedures and best practice,
- Building and maintaining relationships with both the client and external customers
- Basic salary circa €100K+
- Benefits package worth approx €20K+
- Company car/ vehicle allowance
If you are a Contracts Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.