Our client is a top Main Contractor seeking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to join their team. The successful Project Manager will report to the Contracts Director and take responsibility for managing all aspects of the projects (planning, timescales, milestones, costs etc.), team and ensure that all company policies and procedures along with industry legislation are strictly adhered to.
They have a diverse project portfolio with expertise in Healthcare, Education, Residential, Refurbishment, Hospitality, Commercial, Pharmaceutical and Industrial sectors.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Attend the pre-construction meeting with the Contract Director/ Manager, Estimating Manager, Surveyor etc.
- Ensure that contract programme and target programmes are prepared and complied to
- Prepare and implement a project quality plan
- Liaise with Client’s, professional advisers, local authority officials, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Attend site meetings and ensure that the minutes are recorded accurately
- Arrange monthly meetings with the Contract Manager / Director
- Ensure that all sub-contractors’ drawings are prepared in good time by the contractors
- Ensure H&S compliance across the site and that safety inspections are made regularly
- Prepare a schedule of information requirements in accordance with the programme for the contract
- Assist in tender preparation in such areas as tender programmes method statements, staffing levels, historic cost data etc.
- Make recommendations to the Contract Manager / Director
- Liaise with the Contract Surveyor / Contract Manager in carefully recording all details including sub-contractors and suppliers
- Degree level qualification in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent – along with a recognised qualification in Project Management
- At least 10 years’ experience working with a Main Contractor in Ireland, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Australia
- Proven success managing projects in excess of €10m+
- Excellent communication – written and verbal, along with strong organisational, people management and problem-solving skills
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland
Salary & Benefits:
- €75k-€90k DOE
- Mileage allowance
- Contributory pension*
If you are a qualified and experienced Project Manager looking for your next career move, please forward your cv to Declan Hasson or call for a confidential discussion.