Commercial Manager with 5 years’ experience at Commercial Manager level required to join a leading Main Contractor based in their office in North Dublin. This Contractor has a large turnover and ambitious expansion plans. They are looking to hire an experienced Commercial Manager to help them achieve these ambitious goals. This company has a range of high profile blue chip clients and much repeat business.
- Establish procedures for the Quantity surveying Functions.
- Review all the Divisional Accounts and all Financial Information before submission to the General Manager.
- Provide advice and support to those employed in the Commercial Section.
- Monitor compliance of the Quantity Surveying Section with established procedures.
- Set the timetable for submission of returns required from Quantity Surveyors.
- Review and report on the financial performance of contracts.
- Monitor actual payment against declared value.
- Review the placing of orders with Sub-Contractors.
- provide support and assistance to the Estimating Department, as required.
- Advise on the contractual matters in setting up Sub-Contracts.
- Provide support and assistance for the preparation of tenders and negotiation of contract.
- Assist and advise the site-based Quantity Surveyor on all matters concerning preparation of claims, their submission, progress and in negotiations for settlement.
- Risk management
- Financial reporting
- Budget forecasting
- Maximising cash flow
- Client liaison
- Report into the Regional Director
- Procure Contract Bonds as and when required.
- Assist in the recruitment of new Quantity Surveyors
- Strong commercial awareness, ideally 5+ years’ experience as a Commercial Manager
- Strong legal and contractual understanding in construction law
- Client facing
- Leadership skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Experience working for a main contractor with a building/industrial/commercial engineering background and experience with various types of contract forms
- Degree qualification in Construction Management, Surveying or Commercial Management
Benefits & Package:
- €100,000k – 130,000k+
- Market-leading benefits package
- Vehicle or travel allowance
If you are a Commercial Manager looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.