Commercial Manager with at least 2 years’ experience at Commercial Manager level required to join a leading Main Building Contractor to oversee their projects in the Dublin area but to work out of their office in Cavan, if successful you can base yourself in either location. This contractor is well established, and they have lots of projects in the pipeline. The successful commercial manager will play a key role in the company’s future development and expansion.
- Establish procedures for the Quantity surveying Functions.
- Review all the Divisional Accounts and all Financial Information before submission to the General Manager.
- Provide advice and support to those employed in the Commercial Section.
- Monitor compliance of the Quantity Surveying Section with established procedures.
- Set the timetable for submission of returns required from Quantity Surveyors.
- Review and report on the financial performance of contracts.
- Monitor actual payment against declared value.
- Review the placing of orders with Sub-Contractors.
- provide support and assistance to the Estimating Department, as required.
- Advise on the contractual matters in setting up Sub-Contracts.
- Provide support and assistance for the preparation of tenders and negotiation of contract.
- Assist and advise the site-based Quantity Surveyor on all matters concerning preparation of claims, their submission, progress and in negotiations for settlement.
- Risk management
- Financial reporting
- Budget forecasting
- Maximising cash flow
- Client liaison
- Report into the Regional Director
- Procure Contract Bonds as and when required.
- Assist in the recruitment of new Quantity Surveyors
- Strong commercial awareness, ideally 2+ years’ experience as a Commercial Manager
- Strong legal and contractual understanding in construction law
- Client facing
- Leadership skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Experience working for a main contractor with a building/industrial/commercial engineering background and experience with various types of contract forms
- Degree qualification in Construction Management, Surveying or Commercial Management
Benefits & Package:
- Benefits package
- Vehicle or travel allowance
If you are a Commercial Manager looking for your next career move, please send your CV or call Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. We will not send your cv to any client without your permission. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin with more than 21 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.