BIM Coordinator urgently needed to join one of Ireland’s leading MEP engineering consultancies in their Dublin office. This company offers a unique blend of projects in a variety of sectors. Situated in central Dublin close to Dart / Rail stations, the firm offers numerous including car parking, flexible working hours & time in lieu. The company operates a Continuous Professional Development Training Programme using both internal and external resources.
Role: The successful candidate will be involved on projects in the Data Centre & Biopharma sectors as well as on specialist building services in the Government, Educational, Healthcare & Leisure sectors. The successful BIM Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Projects and Mechanical Engineering.
- 2-3 years’ experience in modelling mechanical and electrical systems within a consulting engineering office or building contractor.
- Software – proficient in BIM authoring software. Revit, Navisworks, CAD 3D
- Extensive experience in design and detailing of mechanical and electrical services within Autodesk Revit.
- Required to manage federated models within Navisworks, perform clash detection analysis and produce reports for same.
- Proficient in management of Revit hosted projects, from Sample Project template setup, detailing of bespoke and generic families and systems, view and sheet setup, design and detailing, model delivery and handover.
- Extensive experience in the coordination of mechanical systems within heavily serviced buildings is essential. Coordination of design with other services, structure and architectural model etc.
- Experience in modelling of HVAC, water systems, LTHW, soils and waste, gas supply, etc. required
- Familiarity with BIM level 2 standards and deliverable requirements including COBIE, Uni-class, PAS 1192 Document naming conventions
- Familiarity and competence with Dynamo BIM would be a bonus
- Excellent Salary circa €45,000 – €55,000 commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience
- Time in Lieu
- Mileage expenses
- Shower facilities
- Ongoing CPD
If you are a BIM Coordinator looking for your next career move, please call or email your CV to Keith Conlon. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has more than 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.