Associate Director of Structural Engineering currently required to join an award winning multidiscipline engineering consultancy in their Dublin office. This is an exciting opportunity for either an Associate Director or Senior Structural Engineer eager to take the next step in their career. The successful applicant will be expected to progress to company Director within approximately two years of joining the company.
Company: Multi-disciplinary Consulting Engineering practice employing over 100 employees. The practice provides Structural Engineering Services from a number of offices across Ireland and the UK. Structural Engineering Services are provided for both public and private clients in the sectors of Civil Engineering Infrastructure, Water Services, Residential Development, Private Commercial Development, Education and Health.
Role: Associate Director with responsibility for leading and developing the Structural Engineering Team across Ireland. It is a Senior Appointment and will also carry a shared responsibility for overall management of the Dublin Office.
Business Development (70% of Input)
The main purpose of the appointment is to boost business development for the Building and Infrastructure division on the Eastern Seaboard, primarily within the Dublin region.
Leading & developing the Structural Engineering Team in Ireland (30% of Input)
The new appointee will be required to take responsibility for overall strategic goals and planning for the structural team in Ireland; leading and expanding the existing team;
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Must be Chartered with Engineers Ireland as well as IStructE
- The successful a Structural Engineer should have 12 – 15 years’ post graduate experience in the design and management of building projects
- Have worked in an engineering consultancy in Ireland in the last three years
- Proven track record in business development and extensive experience working closely with clients within the private sector in Ireland
- Be an experienced team leader and mentor
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Excellent Basic Salary circa €85,000+ commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. Full benefit package negotiable but main benefits as follows;
- 25 days leave
- Free parking
- Mileage at civil service rates & expenses
- Travel to work scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Accredited CPD programme
If you are a Senior Structural Engineer considering a career move, please send your cv CV or contact Caroline Herlihy for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants cv’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent.