Assistant Contracts Manager required for a well-established main building contractor to oversee projects in the Dublin Area. This role is suitable for a Senior Project Manager that wants to take the next step in their career up to Contracts Manager Level. Although this company are long established and have a large turn over they are not top heavy which makes this an ideal role for someone that wants to break into senior management. Our client specialises in medium sized building projects and is currently very busy in the residential sector.
- The successful Assistant Contracts Manager will be responsible for managing several projects building projects
- ensuring project targets are met, monitoring sub-contractor performance and providing progress and budgetary reports.
- As Contracts Manager you will attend senior company management meetings and report to a company director.
- Delivering projects to achieve client/design team goals
- Responsible for the overall financial and technical control of contracts allocated to him.
- When required meet the clients, their professional advisers, local authority officials, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Regularly visit sites to ensure that the requirements of the project Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans, the programmes and the operational methods being employed are effective and safe and that the general appearance of the works and its environs is clean, tidy and well presented.
- The ideal Assistant Contracts Manager will be degree qualified Degree Qualified in Civil Eng. or Construction Management
- 10+ years’ experience working with main building contractors in the UK or Ireland.
- At least 4 years specifically working Senior Project Manager or Contracts Manager
- Proven track record of manging building projects valued above €10 million.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Strong work ethic, excellent IT skills (Excel and MS Project etc) be highly organised and self-motivated
- Student Accommodation
- Apartment Blocks
- Fit-out / Refurb
- Commercial builds
- Basic salary circa €95k-€105k
- Benefits package worth approx. €10K+
- Company vehicle / travel allowance
If you are an Assistant Contracts Manager considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC has 20 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.